I've had several emails requesting the recipe for the Roasted Butternut Squash & Corn Soup. Here you go!
4 TBSP unsalted butter for the squash
salt & pepper
2 TBSP unsalted butter
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
2 TBSP curry powder
½ tsp ground cardamom
8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
14 fl.oz. can kernel corn, drained.
- Cut the two squash in half. Scoop seeds & clean squash.
- Place 1 TBSP butter in each cavity.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast the squash at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Remove & set aside to cool.
- In a medium pot, heat remaining butter & olive oil.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 min.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, curry power & cardamom.
- Saute for 3 – 5 min.
- Scoop out the cooked squash flesh and add to the pot along with the stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 min.
- Puree soup until smooth. (I used a hand held Braun mixer, instead of removing the soup from the pot into a blender or Cuisinart)
- Fry the corn in a cast iron frying pan until dark and roasted. Do no add any fat!
- Add the roasted corn to the soup.
Voila! Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top :) Enjoy!