I tried out this new recipe on Tuesday evening and it was really yummy. I added the grilled scallops (DH loves some form of meat with dinner!) This recipe is for four people so half the recipe if you're making it for two! It's fast and easy to do... plus it's healthy :) It looked so good on the plate I had to take a photo.
Asian Cabbage Salad
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 head of red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 2 cups of snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 x carrots, shredded
- 3 tbsp of soya sauce
- 3 tbsp of honey
- dash of sesame oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot and add cabbage. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until it begins to get soft. Add bean sprouts, snow peas, carrots and stir fry for about 2 more minutes.
- Whisk together the soya sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime juice and add to the cabbage along with the cilantro leaves. Toss well and adjust seasoning.