Thursday, May 29, 2008

Still May... barely!

Is it just me or did the month of May just suddenly disappear!? Suddenly this weekend will be the beginning of June....summer officially arrives in three weeks, school children will be on summer vacation, the traffic will be lighter during rush hour and the beaches will be full! (keep your fingers crossed that we actually have summer weather to enjoy the beaches)

We have been quite busy the past few days. Last weekend we went to a wedding... I just love weddings! The weather was wonderful (thank goodness because the ceremony was outdoors) and everything went perfectly. Look at that view, the location was spectacular! Brock House at Jericho Beach in Vancouver. We laughed, cried, visited old friends, met new friends, ate, drank and danced the night away!


On Monday evening I went to a fundraiser (yes another one!) this time for a dance group called martamartaHOP . The Artistic Director Martha Carter is a new client of mine (starting in June) and also the daughter of my friend & client Marnie Carter. Martha organized the fundraiser which was called martamartaMAYHEM! I took my friend Penny to the event at the Vancouver Rowing Club, we had a great time. The dancers were improvising their moves to the music, while in the background artist (Jim Ferrie) was creating a magnificent painting, his inspiration came from the music and dance... the painting was auctioned off later in the evening. A fabulous BBQ took place on the deck in Coal Harbour overlooking the city... we were entertained by the dancers after dinner, participated in a silent auction and I got to dance too! It was a great night!


Tuesday night... I was a couch potato! I needed to rest after all that excitement ;)
Last night I attended a dinner meeting, the post mortem for the Music in the Morning Enchanted Evening which was held back in April. We've got the Four Seasons Hotel booked again for next years' event which will take place April 9, 2009! Yes, we're already planning for next year.... and we have raised the bar again to beat the $57,000 we raise this year. Our goal is $65,000 for 2009.

Today is my darling DH's birthday! Happy Birthday sweetie! Doesn't he look smashing in his tux! (This was taken on Saturday night)

June's schedule is looking pretty full already... and I'm sure it will be another month that just whizzes by! Actually it's going to be a very busy summer.
I've started working on my digi layouts of our WA getaway...I'll leave you with this one!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Girl you just never slow down do you?
and yes, your hubbie looks soooo glam in his tux, where is the picture of you all glammed up? come on, you know we want to see it! :)