Monday, September 15, 2008

Where in the World is Izzy?

I'm here! really truly I am! but the past couple of weeks have been extremely busy & chaotic so blogging had to fall to the bottom of the list of things to do. Warning this will be a loooooong post, get yourself settled in to catch up with the goings on.

Sept. 5th - I took my BF Penny & her son Nelson out shopping to Costco & to Capilano Mall for school clothes/supplies. We had a lovely lunch at White Spot... my godson Nelson sure can eat!! & he's only 11... burger, fries, chicken strips and two large orange juice! where the heck did he put it all! I say he's got hollow legs :)

Later that evening I picked up my friend Jo W. and she and I went to Diane's scrapbooking! It was great fun! and I managed to finish off my Christmas tags for a swap.

Sept. 6 - Chores, shopping & prep day. Graham & Trish were arriving back in Vancouver on Sunday so Saturday was the only day I had to get things ready for the visit.

Sept. 7 - Went to pick up SooZeeQue at 12:30 for our 1pm Stamp Club over at Sue Farrant's place. We had a great time creating cards with the new Stampin' Up Silhouette stamps and playing with the Big Shot & a brayer :)


I had to dash away from club at 3pm to get home in time for DH & I to go to our ballroom dance lesson, only to find out when we arrived the class had been cancelled! Bummer!! Then I was dashing off to Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal to pick Graham and Trish up at the ferry for 7pm. Loaded them and their gear into the car and got home to get dinner ready! It was a late supper and we were all starved by the time it hit the table!

Sept. 8 - I went to work for a few hours that day and hooked up with Graham & Trish in the afternoon. They had spent the morning down at Granville Island market and picked up all the fixings to make Norbert and I dinner. I took them to Kitsilano Beach for a wonderful stroll in the sunshine and then we headed up to Kerrisdale, a stop in the Cheshire Cheese pub for a pint & snack and a stroll in Kerrisdale village to do some shopping. I had a weak moment... no let's correct that... I had an impulse buy!! The DSLR camera I have been saving up for was on sale for an amazing price..... so I bought it! Graham bought some running gear and Trish drooled over a beautiful jewellry table/case, but alas it was a large piece of furniture that she had no way of getting home easily. Graham & Trish made us a fabulous dinner that evening :)

Sept. 9 - I took the day off work to take Graham & Trish to Grouse Mountain but when we got up the weather wasn't all that great to so we had to adjust our plans. We went out in search of the sunshine and found it in Steveston!! We had a great time wandering around the old fishing village and received a personal tour of the old shipyard there! It was a bit blustery, definitely kite flying weather, but the sunshine was out!


Sept. 10 - Graham & Trish spent the day wandering around downtown Vancouver and shopping while I went off in the morning to the first music lecture at the Music in the Morning Concert Society. This year is Felix Mendelssohn :) I went to work afterwards and then went to pick up Jo W. She and Darissa came over after work for a "work party" to prepare for the Scrapaholics 2nd Scrap-A-Versary event. Trish helped us out and we had a good time wrapping and packing door prizes and 30 goodie bags!! We enjoyed some wine and a pasta dinner. Graham and Norbert went out to the pub for the evening!


Sept. 11 - Grouse Mountain Day! The weather has been fabulous (with the exception of Tuesday morning) on Thursday there wasn't a cloud in the sky and we could see Grouse Mountain from the apartment so we headed up there. Finally.... Trish got to go! We've only tried to take her there 6 times before but the weather didn't cooperate! We had a glorious day up there. Trish & I took the gondola up but Graham being the fit athletic type did the Grouse Grind all the way up to the top of the mountain!! We spent a lovely day on the mountain wandering around and enjoy the view of Vancouver from the top. In the evening all of us went to Ann & Rob's house boat for an amazing Salmon BBQ dinner :) We had a great time and Rob really entertained us with some magic tricks and great laughs!


Sept. 12 - Graham & Trish's last day in Vancouver. Their flight wasn't departing until later in the evening so we walked down to Gastown, there were a couple of gift items they wanted to pick up at the last minute to take home. We went to the Steamworks pub for a pint and then walked back home. Once bags were sorted, packed and weighed we were ready to head out to the airport. The line up for check in was insanely long!! we stood there for an hour.... we enjoyed some nachos and a glass of wine before I had to say good bye to them at the security gate. We've had a lovely visit with them and I know they enjoyed their 7 week holiday in Canada! I can't wait to see their photos!

On a sad note - Friday was also the day that my BF Penny lost her mom. Jackie Tranter passed away after an 8 week illness. Our thoughts & prayers go out to her and the family at this difficult time.

I went straight from the airport to Penny's mom's home and helped her to get some things organized and packed up. The Red Cross were coming on Saturday morning to pick up the hospital gear that her mom had been using so we had a lot of cleaning up and packing to do. We finished & were back at Penny's home just after 10pm and then spent the rest of evening with a bottle of wine & reminiscing. I didn't get home until sometime Saturday morning.

Sept. 13 - Needless to say.... I slept in later than I normally would, I was exhausted!! I got myself sorted out and headed out to do some grocery shopping and then went to Penny's again. In the evening I was busy getting things ready for the 2nd Scrap-A-Versary event. So I was packing up gear/door prizes/scrapbooking stuff etc. I spent the rest of the evening with Norbert just trying to unwind a little..... yeah right!!

Sept. 14 - Up with the birds in the morning. I went to pick up the cake at 8:30am, picked up my friend Jaleh at 9am, picked up SooZeeQue at 9:15 and we were on the road and at Clipper Street for the all day Scrap-A-Versary crop by 9:45am! The crop ran from 10am to 5pm and we had a wonderful day. 26 members came out to celebrate out 2nd anniversary. Lots a great laughs and it was great to see everyone! I got next to no scrapbooking done, but had a great time socializing and seeing old friends :)

So here we are.... today. Trying to get back to normal... whatever normal is?! another busy week ahead, simply trying to catch up with work and get the house back into order. Catching up with friends after work this week and spending some time with Penny. Getting ready for Oktoberfest this weekend and the start of the Vancouver Women's Musical Society season this week. Yeah I know.... I need to be cloned! LOL Have a great week :)

4 comments:

Jo said...

what??? Oktoberfest??? beer & apple schnapps ??? that kind of Oktoberfest??

Okay, seriously, I thought you were already cloned and that we were all sharing different versions of the Izzybot ... put your feet up for a minute, take a deep breathe ...
My condolences to Penny & her family.
Hang in there my dear friend Izzy ...

ScrappeeDiane said...

Ballroom dancing, that sounds like fun. Oktoberfest??? It is still September the last time I checked my calendar.

Kathy said...

You are one busy girl Izzy! You are the only woman I know who can squeeze 25 hours our of a 24 hour day! Your tag is beautiful! Hope it's the swap I'm in! lol Please pass on my condolences to Penny.

Jan said...

Whew!! You have been busy!!!!

Oktoberfest sounds awesome!! They celebrate that here in Helen, GA, but I've never had the opportunity to go. Hmmm... may have to see if we can work it around hubby's work travel.

Have a great day!