Friday, September 19, 2008

Why now?....

Okay so this is the question I asked myself several times yesterday afternoon.... why now? This is the busiest time of the month for me and my schedule is loaded to the hilt until early October.

Yesterday after work I went to pick up my friend Penny & her son Nelson to take them to the ferry. The memorial for Penny's mom is today, so they needed to be on the Salt Spring Island ferry at 5pm last night.

At 3:25 pm I'm on the road on my way to her house, sitting at a red light....and BANG!! I'm bloody well rear-ended!! It's the last thing I need right now. So the young fellow, who was very upset he'd hit me, and I exchanged information etc. I looked at my smashed up bumper, it's okay to drive for now and off I dash to get Penny.

I'm running late now because I've been hit, it's rush hour traffic, the ferry leaves at 5pm.... OMG are they going to get there in time! We did make it with 10 minutes to spare but they had to run with their overnight bags/gear to catch the ferry!

I had dinner plans with my friend Jadranka, which I had to cancel ;( I knew there was no way I was going to be in any mood to enjoy an evening out and the headache was starting to pound.

I sat in rush hour traffic to get home (another 75 minutes in the car) and at this stage the headache has come on full blast!

Thank goodness Norbert had a glass of red wine waiting for me and dinner was ready too!

So I've called the insurance company, I have a claim # and take the car in at noon on Monday so they can determine the extent of the damage.

So again I ask..... WHY NOW?!!

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh dear! Hope you get it all fixed up quickly.

Anonymous said...

Oh Izzy - what a pain in the arse!! Just glad you are ok!

I can only think it is now - because you are going to win scads of dosh and get a brand new car - and an assistant to help with your busy schedule! Oh and a maid and a chef!

Wendy said...

Maybe it taught the young man a lesson, hey it's the only thing I could come up with. LOL

Hope you get your car fixed soon.

Hang in there!

Shelley Moore said...

Oh Iz... I'm SOOOOO sorry you got rammed!!! What a Prince Norbert is for having everything ready for you when you got home!!! He's a keeper!

Jan said...

Oh goodness! Glad you're ok! It stinks to get rear ended, and it always seems to happen when you're needing to get somewhere, doesn't it! : ) Hope things get taken care of quickly.

Jo said...

omg join the club! I had my rear ender on Monday ... sounds like you might have a bit of whiplash??? hence the headache, make sure you squeeze in some time for a doctors visit.