Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Holiday Lights

I was downtown last night and took the time to check out some of the light displays while I was strolling around and did some gawking while on the drive home at other light displays.

I think my favorite is still St. Paul's Hospital, as I was driving along Burrard St. on my way home it was a lovely shining beacon. I'll be heading down early one morning with my camera & tripod so I can take a photo without passing traffic blocking the view.

There are a few displays I'd like to see this year that I haven't had time to enjoy in past years. Van Dusen gardens is really lovely (and huge!) but I think it's times to switch it up a bit, I haven't yet seen the lights in Stanley Park or at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Something new this year and a different photo op as well!

The city & lower mainland offer so many wonderful holiday light displays and activities it's hard to find the time to fit them all in.

So my photo yesterday is of the lovely lit tree in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey! That's the lo I have on my desktop lol. I'd love to check out Capilano. Another one you might enjoy is Burnaby Village Museum. Especially if it snows! They light up the carousel and it is just beautiful! Stanley Park is also a must! There has to be over a million lights!

Jan said...

What a beautiful photo and layout!!!