Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fab Friends....

I had an impromptu visit from my friend Sue F. yesterday morning... and god love her, she brought me a tall non-fat latte! The first one I've had since the accident! it was so delicious! she also brought me the new SU catalog to drool over. I was in heaven in the afternoon sipping on my tea and flipping through the new caddy.
Her visit actually got me to attempt opening the very heavy building doors while using the walker. We have some issues with access to our building so in order for visitors to get in, we have to go to the lobby to let them in. I managed all the doors without falling over! Door #1, our apartment, door #2 elevator doors (move faster cause they close rather quickly), door #3 the south tower building door (heavy sucker), door #4 lobby access (pull not push!) and finally door #5 the actual building door where our visitors wait for us. ((sigh)) ridiculous isn't it? Well at least I know that I can get there, it took me about 10 minutes, but I did it!

My adventure downstairs also enabled me to check the mailbox ... I received some lovely cards in the post! One from SooZeeQue, this one cracked me up! and the second card from Kathy, which is so pretty! Thanks ladies, I love the cards.
I've had an out pouring of emails, telephone calls, blog comments, visits & cards ~ it's so nice to have such fabulous friends. Thanks everyone!

I couldn't decide on just one POTD so all three of the above are my pick ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine how spare you are going being cooped up!! Will try and send you some of our lovely sunshine we are having at the moment - its like Spring!! Not sure where our winter is - cos it does not seem to be happening!

At least you are getting lots of scrapping done!

Jadranka said...

nothing holds you down for too long ! great to hear you are getting around izzy. very cute cards, too : )

Jo said...

I am so glad to hear that you can do that now! even if you dont go out out, you can get someone in. its all progress and its all good!