Sunday, April 12, 2009

Doin' Dat Spring Ting....

Spring Cleaning.... I tackled spring cleaning in my scrapbook space this weekend. It actually didn't take me as long as I thought it might (a couple of hours Friday & Saturday morning).

You know those cool items you won as a door prize, the swap items, the RAK's you've received & lest we forget the sale item that you purchased.... you know the things I mean! the items that you've always had "good intentions" of using or "might need" someday.

Well my limited scrap space was starting to bulge so I decided to take some time this weekend to do some spring cleaning in there. I was pretty ruthless with myself.

Flowers!! OMG the flowers.... I found two baggies in my "misc." drawer from swaps that I had yet to put away... and the same thing with buttons... I found several packages of buttons with kits so they've all been stored by color and stored in a MM Sortable. Diane... bring more sortables into the store, I need more! LOL I've put together a collection of items both new & gently used that I will donate to the Scrapaholics group, they can use the items as they see fit.

Now with a tidy room.... I made some cards with my new Elzybells stamps!! Oooh I love these new stamps :) Hey girls, we'll have to co-ordinate an Elzybells night, bring your Copics too!
I also created my "plan o' action" for my cruise albums... yup albums plural!! I've decided to create several mini albums instead of trying to tackle one large album. I have several mini albums.... that I pulled out while spring cleaning... and will make one album for each port of call and then a couple of mini albums dedicated to friends.

All in all, it's been pretty good the past couple of days, it's raining so it's the perfect time for me to scrapbook! Hmmm guess what I'll be doing later on today ;)

5 comments:

Jo said...

those are such cute stamps! Have fun with them! and i love the idea of Ports of Call mini albums!

Sue said...

Oh...that organization looks so nice Izzy. I have to keep going with that in my space. I am half eway there but seem to be on a sabatical.

Happy Easter my friend,
Sue

ScrappeeDiane said...

Love your cards. More sortables are on the way, hang on. Hoppy Easter to you and your family :o)

hayleycreates said...

Love the cards Izzy!!

Kathy said...

OMG! Your cards are adorable!! I love this set! How on earth did I miss it?!! Too cute! I'm up for an Elzybells night for sure!