Monday, May 18, 2009

I love it....

... when you get a great recommendation, you try it out yourself, then you get that "feel good" feeling and you're all happy inside.

I must send out a HUGE thank you to my friend SooZeeQue who gave me a recommendation about this great book last week when we met for dinner. Her recommendations are always spot on! and I saw the results not only on her blog but sitting right there on her kitchen counter! So off I went a picked up the book for myself.
Norbert is a huge fan of fresh bread... we stopped buying the "schlock" from the stores ages ago and have been buying fresh baked from the bakery... well no more!

I baked Artisan bread yesterday.... and another loaf is in the oven right now!! Doesn't my loaf look pretty darn close to the loaf on the book cover? and OMG.... it's delicious, if I do say so myself! I'm officially now a bread baker :)So I'm passing along this book recommendation to you as well. It is the easiest bread to make, plus, as an added bonus, the dough makes four loaves!! If a busy person like me can make this bread, so can you!

5 comments:

Jo said...

hmmmm ... let see my two fav food groups are 1) fresh bread 2) butter ... and i need to loose a whole lotta weight .... i wanna pass and use the excuse that i am too busy but i just may have to run out and get that book!

Kathy said...

Mmmmm! Looks totally yummy! Nothing like fresh bread! Maybe even I can do it lol Glad you found a winner, that SoozeeQue is full of great ideas! Enjoy! And.....don't forget to save me a piece lol

Sue C said...

Hey Izzy!

A beautiful loaf of bread, that's for sure.

I knew you and Norbert would LOVE it - every single recipe in that book is to die for!!!

We now have fresh healthy bread every day. Yum!!!

ScrappeeDiane said...

Sue gave me the recipe too. I just haven't had any time to make it and really I forgot. Thanks for the reminder I'm off to find the email recipe.

Susan said...

cool...we make bread, but can't find a recipe that will make enough to keep up with our demands! lol, will have to go check out that book.