Sunday, May 03, 2009

Showcase Sunday

It's showcase Sunday over at Elzybells and one of my cards is featured on her blog! I'm itching to get the new Elzybells stamps and make some more card creations.

Believe it or not... all those cards I made back in January when I was wheelchair bound are almost all gone! I know! shocking isn't it? I was writing cards this morning to send off in the post and realized that I had better get my card making butt back into gear to replenish the stash.

Ann loved one of my latest creations... I made a special birthday card just for her, featuring a Penny Black stamp. This is such a cute stamp.... okay for us kitty lovers it's cute :) I also ordered two new Penny Black stamps.... yeah I know... but I couldn't resist!
This one.... oh yeah baby, this one is so me! Imagine all the wonderful Bon voyage cards and fun vacation cards and creating some funky paper for travel scrapbook pages. Penny Black stamps can be found locally - some are at I'm Impressed, but if you want to search her entire line, check out Simon Says there's a store link from this blog, another fun place to check out things and take on some challenges.

Did I also mention that Simon Says also carries the entire line of Tim Holtz! Yup.... for those hard to find items and items your LSS just doesn't bring in, this is a pretty good source. A word of caution when shopping... remember the current exchange rate! It's easy to get carried away and sometimes it's not worth it if the exchange rate sucks and the shipping is horrendous.

Occasionally I ask a group of friends over at the Scrapaholics if they're interested in ordering items and do a group/bulk buy to save on shipping costs. We recently did this with Elzybells, they come from the UK so it was easier to just have one big order.... and it was BIG!! LOL

I do encourage you to shop locally and support your LSS & local home based businesses but in certain cases when no one carries what you're looking for or isn't willing to bring it in... then do check out other online sources.

If you've got a great place to shop online for stamping or scrapbooking supplies, leave me a comment with the link.... you'll be entered into a draw for a RAK. I'll draw on Wednesday :)

My mind is racing with all sorts of ideas and I need to sketch out some of these ideas, as well I need to get my butt in gear and scrapbook some more pages from the cruise. I hope to have that adventure completely scrapbooked by the end of the summer because in September.... I'm starting to make Christmas cards! :0
Oh yeah.... Christmas on the brain already! I'm sick, I tell ya, just sick! LOL

4 comments:

Jo said...

love your card Izzy ... it's so cool to see you featured on the Elzybells site! and thanks for the Simon Says link, you are such an enabler ... my current fav's .... Caramellos http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5800916&order=&section_id=&page=1 for german foils, vintagey for-get-me-nots. bakers twine & seam binding ... and my other current fav Tessa Ann, http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5816198&order=&section_id=&page=1 , for her cool little buttons!

ScrappeeDiane said...

Love your card and I'm so hoping you will share that new Penny Black stamp. Oh my, I can think of so many things to do with it.

hayleycreates said...

Psssst... you can get PB stamps at The Paper Passion too.... Ok, plug is over..
Your cards are always adorable, do you hear me... ADORAAAAABLE!

Kathy said...

Hey...with the adorable Elzybells Christmas stamps how can you not be itchin to start some. I wanna start now! lol That is such a great Penny Black stamp! It is so you! Congratulations on being showcased over at Elzybells girlfriend! I am so wishing I bought that stamp now! lol Love the Ski Slope paper you used with it!