Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Monday Again?

I had a fun weekend and am feeling stunned that it's already Monday again. 

Friday night - **giggle** my GF Ann came over for a good ol' fashion sleep over PJ party.  We had a yummy dinner, I made Butter Chicken in the slow cooker and then we got into our PJ's for an entire evening of red wine, popcorn, movies and hilarity (I laughed so hard I almost pee'd myself!)
 Saturday - Ann and I had a nice morning visiting before she had to head out.  I had some chores and shopping to do.... I also had to take a nap! I grabbed about 90 minutes before I had to get ready to go out to DH's company party.  LHL don't have a Christmas work party, they have a New Year party.  They booked out Il Nido restaurant and we had a really lovely evening wining and dining with DH's co-workers.


Sunday - I made a couple of cards and had a relaxing day.  In the evening I went to the Dance House presentation of La La La Human Steps with Diane, Marnie and the whole Carter Clan.  We had a nice evening, the performance was "controverstial" from the point of view of our group, we all had pluses and minuses as we were all chattering away about it afterwards.  The dance and the music... amazing! the precision and the athletisism of these performers is beyond words....the lighting, could have been better and some of us just didn't "get" the point of the video imagery that was used.  I do have to say - I really did enjoy the dance and am looking forward to next months Dance House presentation.  This is a season of International Contemporary Dance and next month is Random Dance - Wayne McGregor - London, UK here's what's being said:
“A great sexy beast of a piece—it's like being licked by a panther's juicy, rasping tongue while you're revising maths”—The Sunday Times (London)


3 comments:

ScrappeeDiane said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I enjoyed the Dance House performance too, you said it very well about the pluses and minuses. I'm looking forward to the next one too.

Jo said...

The dance sounds fabulous! and the review of the upcoming dance is intriguing at the very least. and oh, someone is using new stamps!!!!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend! Your card is beautiful!