Sunday, January 13, 2013

Work in Progress..

I thought I'd share with you a work in progress.... I took several bits n' pieces and supplies from my "stash" to create a canvas for myself.  So here we go.....

I took a blank white canvas (I have a cupboard full!) and covered it with 7 Gypsies Paris Tissue Paper using acrylic matte medium to adhere it.


Then I began to randomly apply paint.
Next I added some washi tape and some stickers and applied another layer of acrylic matte medium and after it dried I applied more paint.



Then I cut out the Eiffel Tower from a piece of Graphic 45 paper, adhered it with matte medium and then applied paint to it.

I took three random flowers and a piece of lace from my "friendship jar" and adhered those to the canvas.
And then began to spray with my Glimmer Mist.


Here is where I am at now.....all that is left to do is get my photograph printed and applied. I have a photo of myself in front of the Eiffel tower in 1999, I was there on my own and had some stranger take the photo, it's not great, but it's the only photo of me with the Eiffel tower so I'm going to convert it to Sepia tone and print it out for this project.

Next up.... I'm going to play with some new paint I bought at Opus yesterday :) don't you just love the colours!!


3 comments:

ScrappeeDiane said...

Those colours are so you. Love the canvas, it is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the photo and the finished project IRL.

Jo said...

Your canvas is just gorgeous!!! I adore it to bits! I cant wait to see what you do with the new Lumiere paints!

Caroline08 said...

Canvas are so so beautiful! Keep going and hold so on!
________________________
Good lack from web design Edinburgh