Saturday, January 04, 2014

Joyful January

It's a new year and for many of us we're making "fresh starts", we've made resolutions, set goals and we are ready to tackle to world and the new year!

The month of January, for me, is usually a long month, I'm not a fan and have to admit dealing with January has in the past, had its challenges for me.  I have always felt that January is a bit of a let down after the flurry of fun and celebration in December and the weather, well most of the time it's just grey, dark and depressing.  (So far so good for us, we are having a few sunny breaks!) but this is one of the things that I'm about to "Conquer", my mental attitude towards the month of January. 


So I'm adjusting my attitude toward January and making it "Joyful January".

adjective: joyful
1.
feeling, expressing, or causing great pleasure and happiness.


I have various  "dates" with friends and family - this makes me happy, it gives me a chance to express myself in a joyful way.

My Joyful January calendar includes.....
  • a play date with Jo and Soozeeque
  • Bon Voyage dinner with my friend Iris, she's off to Antarctica to see the Penguins!
  • a sleep over party with Diane
  • catching up with my friend Shell who is visiting from California (squwee!)
  • making Sunday dinner for Rick
  • experiencing the "Raw Canvas" with Penny (*hey, Bitches!, we gotta do this!)
  • spending an afternoon/evening with our nephew Christopher
  • scrapping with Da Bitches
  • attending DH's company party at the Commodore Ballroom
So there you have it.... my Joyful January..... I'm off to "conquer" it!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Sounds like you are in for a fun month! Enjoy it all!