Monday, August 28, 2006

“A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye” ~ unknown~


Labour Day is only a few days away. This long weekend is usually the last 'get away' for many people. Summer holidays come to an end & children will start back to school. We'll see cooler days & nights and the leaves will begin to change into those glorious golds & reds that mark the fall season.

As I reflect back over the past couple of months I have to say that we've had a spectacular summer... lots of friends & family to visit us, glorious weather and alot of summer time fun!

Now I'm looking ahead to the next few months and all that is going to take place. This fall will be an exciting time for our family. My brother & sister in law are expecting their first child. Due date September 23rd! The anticipation is building and we're counting down!

My parents will celebrate their 43rd wedding anniversary in early October.... wow! Only 7 more years until the big 50th celebration. When do I start planning for that!?

I've already got Christmas on my mind! LOL But what about Thanksgiving?... can't forget that! It's only a few weeks away.

An evening at the ballet and a new season of Music in the Morning concerts all start up in September! I'm looking forward to that!

And I've got some dates on the calendar to scrapbook with friends! I'll have all sorts of new photos to work with :)

Enjoy the week ahead and if you're travelling this long weekend... safe journeys!

No comments: