Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Future Olympian


Our neice, Erica, participated in a mini triathalon last weekend for children aged 8 - 9. The event was called Kids of Steel and took place in Kelowna BC. Erica ran 1.5 kilometres, cycled 5 kilometres and swam 100 metres and completed the event in just under 31 minutes! Way to go! I can see her now as a future Canadian Olympian :)
I created this quick digital scrapbook page to mark the occasion... thanks to my brother in law, Bodo, for sending the photos to me.

Erica, her older brother Christopher and their parents Bodo & Rosalie are arriving in Vancouver today to visit us for a couple of days on their way to Vancouver Island. They plan on attending the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) and I'm sure they'll have loads of fun at the fair. Rides, animals, games, junk food and more! What more could a kid ask for! I'm sure that mom & dad will be exhausted after a full day at the fair... I'm looking forward to scrapping the photos of their visit! ;)

No comments: