Saturday, October 21, 2006

In Good Time....


Christmas shopping starts early in this house! And I'm thrilled with my progress so far. October 27th is Canada Post's deadline for sending parcels to Europe via Surface Mail. It may take several weeks to arrive but it's half the cost of shipping via Air. Gotta like that!

I had already made a couple of gifts to send and was ready to shop for the 'men of the family' & 'oma', so with list in hand I went shopping downtown at the Bay yesterday afternoon and finished picking up gifts for the family in Germany. I'll be wrapping this weekend and shipping out on Monday :) Woo Hoo!

I was amazed not only with the ease of getting the last few gifts but at the Christmas displays already up in the store. I was stunned! and didn't expect to see the holiday decorations and lights up so soon! The entire 5th floor is decked out and named "Christmas Street". All the departments are in full swing and it's beginning to look alot like Christmas in the store.

On my way home I drove by City Hall... the two tall trees out front already have their lights on! Oh My Goodness! and the local shopping centre has their holiday lights on out front too!

I love the holiday season (really I do!) but couldn't we wait until after Halloween to get decked out! Even I don't start to decorate until December 1st!

1 comment:

Jan said...

you are good!!!!