Monday, October 23, 2006

Sunday Walk in the Park

The weather has been glorious and we enjoyed a beautiful walk in Stanley Park on Sunday afternoon. It really is fall! Leaves are changes and floating down off the trees. The squirrels & chipmunks were out gathering for their winter slumber. And there was a slight chill in the air as the fog over the water lifted and brought glorious sunshine. Most people tend to walk around the sea wall in Stanley Park but for a change we wandered inside the park and through the trails to Beaver Lake. It was wonderful... no runners, joggers, strollers, rollerbladers and hoards of people. The trails were quiet with the exception of the chickadees all chirping and flitting around.

Speaking of chickadees... one scared me half to death! As I was taking a photo at Beaver Lake a very agressive little chickadee flew towards me and it landed on my camera! Flapping and chirping at me! I think it was trying to tell me something! LOL :) I certainly didn't expect that! It flew off the camera quickly but I can tell you, it made me jump to have the little bird sitting on top of the camera for a few seconds.

No comments: