Thursday, November 23, 2006

Green Thumb or Just Plain Ol' Luck!


Three years ago for Thanksgiving my parents brought me a gorgeous Tiger Lily Orchid. I had never cared for an orchid before... so off I went to search the internet for information about caring for this delicate plant.

After the flowers had finished that first year, I clipped the flower stems (I learned this tip on the internet) and kept my orchid on the kitchen table close to the window. I think it likes this spot!

The second year it flowered again around Thanksgiving! I was so thrilled. I had no idea what I had done to urge the flowering but I stuck with the the plan! Some tender loving care, a little water and a nice place to call home seemed to agree with my lovely plant. Why mess with a good thing? Right!

Along comes the third year (2006)... not only did it flower in the spring, it flowered again in the summer! Twice in one year! I'm on a roll!

Well this morning I went to give my orchid some tender loving care and what do I see!.... another flower stem has emerged! I'll have orchid flowers for Christmas!

Now I'm not sure if I just have that natural green thumb when it comes to orchids or if it's just plain ol' luck..... but I hope that my orchid will like it's new home when we move and continue to grow and bloom for many years to come!

To my friends in the USA.... Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family & friends... I'll be thinking of you :)

No comments: