Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Still Alive!

I know, I've been a bad blogger but DH and I have both been sick! Aack! We both got hit with a terrible cold, cough, flu, aches, pains and fever and it has taken us about 10 days just to feel normal again. Needless to say I didn't feel like blogging and I really didn't have anything exciting to blog about... well I suppose I could have told I went through two bottles of Buckley's and 4 boxes of Kleenex in one week! LOL

It's supposed to be spring, but I have to say that lately it hasn't felt or looked very much like spring. The weather has been dreadful! Rainy, grey and cold. Things are looking up though, we did have a really nice weekend and it has held through 'til today. Forecasters are predicting rain for our Easter long weekend... Oh Joy! more rain! I think all the Easter Egg hunts will be indoors this year. Let's hope that the weatherman is wrong... I don't think I can stand much more rain.

I did have a lovely visit with my brother, SIL and niece yesterday afternoon. My SIL is taking a course and is busy studying for an exam, so my brother has taken this week off work to look after the baby and give Kerry some much needed quiet time to study. Kate, Robert and I went for a lovely walk and stopped in at Starbucks for coffee while Kerry studied for an hour.
Kate is growing up fast and has started on some "mushy food". Oh what fun! Lay down the plastic sheets!! It looks like there's gonna be a food fling :) LOL

We'll be visiting Kate again on Saturday with Grandma and Grandpa ;) Mom and dad are arriving in town on Friday for the long weekend. Also arriving on Saturday afternoon are Graham and Trish from the UK. They'll be visiting for a couple of weeks, spending some time on Vancouver Island with mom and dad and then spending that last part of their holiday with Norbert and I here in Vancouver.

So all in all, things are fine here and will be busy over the next couple of weeks :) I'm off on a business trip to Edmonton, Alberta next Monday and I'll be back on Thursday afternoon, April 12th, so if I don't get a chance to blog during that time, don't worry... I'm just out of town :)

3 comments:

Jan said...

I've missed ya! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Have a safe trip to Edmonton!!!

Wendy said...

Bless Your Heart.
Sorry to hear you have been sick and DH too, it's hard to care of each other with both of you sick.

Glad your feeling better, hopefully the rain will end soon.

Anonymous said...

OK I promise it was not me that gave you the lurg! I had it a week ago and it was no fun! So glad you see you back sort of in the land of the living. Lots of sun and lovely temps here - come and stay!