Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 12

It was an interesting day yesterday.... woke up in the morning to the usual winterery grey & wet, started working on the computer & looked up to get some more coffee... it's a blizzard outside!

I knew it was snowing up on the hills and out in some other areas but being at sea level it often is just slush for us. I had this 'giddy' feeling when I saw the snow falling here, that child like hope was sparked of wanting a white Christmas. Alas, it was soon squashed as the temperatures warmed up and the snow turned to slush and then later back to plain ol' dreary rain. ((sigh)) There's hope still, snow is forecast for Wed. Thu. & Fri. next week. Keeping my fingers crossed!

After work, I did a few errands and then headed out to the Pick of The Patch LSS. I started my first "official" shift at the store! I'm helping out where & when I can so that the regular gals and Sandra can have a breather every once in a while.

I had a great time learning the ropes from Sandra & Brenna. It was like being a kid in a candy store.... a scrapbooker in an LSS.... are you nuts!! of course I did all my Christmas shopping for my scrappin' friends at the store last night.... okay just two or three items for me (giggle), I'll be really really good next time :)

I clocked off at 7pm and then stayed on for the crop (6pm-midnight) so that Sandra could leave early. I managed to do some cropping too. I also had the dubious task of locking up for the night! On my first night too! OMG! thank goodness Jo was there to hold my hand :) LOL Everything went fine... locked up tighter than an oil drum and the alarm system worked too! My biggest fear was that we'd set it off. If you're out that way and want to stop by to say 'Hi", I'll be helping out again on the 22nd of Dec.

So my photo of the day was kindly taken by Jo... my first shift at the LSS.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Izzy. Let me tell you a little story....
Twice I have taken a second job...the first time in a clothing store...and I rarely took any extra oney home..I was my best customer...and then another time I worked at The World of Stamps in Steveston....loved it...but agian..that bag of goodies with my name on it under the desk always seemed to amount to more than I earned LOL.
But have fun...it's so fun!
Sue (See you tomorrow)

Anonymous said...

Ohh...your wish has come true Izzy...look outside the window!!!
SNOW!!!

RealRach said...

I love this layout Izzy!

XOXO

bcgal00 Rae said...

Beautiful LO! I didn't know you were working at the store...you're never gonna have any money now LOL!