Friday, February 06, 2009

Crutched It!

I reached a mini goal today! I used only my crutches to make my way up to the City Square shopping centre.... that's up hill for about 1/2 block and then flat the rest of the way. I went up with my friends Penny & Charles for lunch today and I also did some banking.

What surprised me... downhill is just as hard as uphill! I had to take it slow on the way home, the downhill slope is deceiving and requires quite a bit of balance. But, I'm proud of myself for venturing out with just the crutches :) I've gained a lot of strength in my arms and upper body over the past 6 weeks and I'm glad for that, it gave me the stamina I needed to venture out "sans wheelchair"..

I was playing around with my Copic markers yesterday for a break. Thus the Thursday photo is just that! Copic markers. I love these things and have joined Diane's Club Copic to learn more techniques. And today I finished off my recipe cards for the upcoming swap... here's a sneek peek.I also got some cool news today.... but you'll have to wait 'til next week for the announcement.

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend :)

No comments: