Thursday, February 05, 2009

The mail...

usually at this time of year the T4's and tax information start filling the mail box (sigh) it's not so exciting and just another reminder to me that the government is a mess and hey... are our tax dollars really hard at work?! Nuff , before I start to rant.

Yesterday's mail included two wonderful things. First a wonderful card and handmade gift from my friend Wendy in Suffolk VA. Thanks GF, you brightened my day, miss ya!
And I got a parcel from the UK... it included my Elzybells unmounted stamps! Woo Hoo! can't wait to start using these and trying out my Copic markers with them.
thanks Kathy for introducing me to these stamps... also another big thank you Kathy, for taking me to the Scrapaholics coffee meeting last night! It was great to get out and see everyone.

Hayley, Diane and Kathy have posted "25 random facts" on their blogs. If you read this, then you need to do this on your own blog too! Tag you're it. Have fun! Here are my 25 random facts.

1 - I play the piano
2 - I play the flute
3 - I'm a huge fan of classical music
4 - I go to the spa once every 6 weeks
5 - I prefer a hotel over a campground (I did enough camping when I was young to last me a lifetime! I'm too old to sleep on the ground... I like to be comfy and cozy)
6 - I dislike country music
7 - I have no desire to run a marathon (never have, never will... it seems insane to me!)
8 - I have a British passport
9 - I hate Vancouver winter weather
10 - Christmas is my favourite holiday
11 - Sunshine, warmth, sandy beaches and water.... aaah bliss to me!
12 - I have one 'little' brother
13 - I have no immediate family living in Vancouver, we have to travel to visit family.
14 - I believe it's bad luck to keep birds as pets (I'm superstitious)
15 -I believe in angels
16 - My first car was a red VW Bug...(hey Kathy! orange is cool too!)
17 - I love Mrs. Vickies Salt n' Vinegar chips.... if there's a bag around.... get your own!
18 - I have more rings in my jewelry box than I've got fingers and toes!
19 - I have a shoe fetish
20 - I love to cook ethnic foods
21 - I'd rather shop at the market daily for fresh items than once a week at the large stores.
22 - I used to work at a ski hill (it was the funnest job ever!)
23 - I was twelve when I went on my first long journey without my parents (I went to Europe on a special educational program).
24 - I didn't walk on my own until I was two
25 - I want to retire to Tuscany

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are still upbeat after the last month or so of you being bound up with your foot!

I was also very pleased to read about your great progress report from the doctor and seeing that you were now allowed to try out some new exercises and do some weight bearing stuff - YAYYYY

hayleycreates said...

Way to go - very neat to read these facts! Thanks for playing along!

ScrappeeDiane said...

I'm glad you found time for this. There were a few things I didn't already know. I'm very excited to hear that one day I will visit Tuscany.

ScrappeeDiane said...

P.S. You had me all excited with the title. Nothing in my mailbox today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :o)