Friday, March 27, 2009

My daytimer is my bible.....

You can tell just looking at my daytimer or even trying to book some time with me that my return to the world of mobility has created that flurry of activity that I so thrive on. It's starting to feel like the old days again :) The jet pack has been laying dormant for too long!

My daytimer is my bible.... if anything ever happened to my precious daytimer I'd be up a creek without a paddle. Literally! This is how I manage my life (& the lives of others!)

I have a "system" it works great for me so everything, and I mean everything is in this daytimer... I staple concert tickets to the date that the event is on, I clip notes in a "bring forward section", I slap important "sticky notes" all over the place, I write all sorts of details or the day in it, I keep business cards there, postage stamps and a whole host of other things.

I have not one, but two, full pages of TO DO lists with tasks/projects I need & want to accomplish next week... some of it I just know won't get done, but if it's on the list there's a greater chance that it will inch its way to the top of the list and get done sooner rather than be completely forgotten.

I can't bring myself to part with my daytimer, people are always telling me I should get this electronic gadget or that, but having something electronic just wouldn't be enough for me.... I need to feel the paper under my fingers, flip this page to that calendar, staple those tickets in and just basically have a large rather clunky but very precious daytimer lugged around from pillar to post with me all day long.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Izzy, I am so with you. I don't have an electronic device either as I prefer the paper variety as well. Except I have two...one for work and one for home which I carry in my purse.

ScrappeeDiane said...

I agree, I love the traditional daytimer too.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - I have the electronic version... and the paper version... to be honest I like both!

Sometimes though I do love the old fashionedness of the paper...

other times.. I love being the techy geek

Sue said...

I am over to electronic but I do love the paper ones. You are tempting me back...LOL. i do still have a desktop calendar too...
I wouldn't be able to put concert tickets in there...what if you lost the book (horrors)...I think I would photocopy them and then put the originals in a safe place.
You need to make a scrapbook layout about your daytimer...because yours is a thing of awe, memories, accomplishments, adventures and your life too!!! LOL

Kathy said...

LOL, I know what you mean Izzy. I love my Treo, but still use a paper daytimer to keep all my paper thingys in. You must feel so great getting back in the action again! Look out world....the jet pack is firing itself up again!

bcgal00 Rae said...

You're just like my daughter...she has a dayplanner that is with her always and weighs about 10 lbs.