Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Squeeze in more of summer

I don't know where this summer is going... time is flying by in the blink of an eye. I suppose because our daily lives are just packed with all sorts of summer fun activities we forget about time and then all of a sudden it hits.... back to school, then fall is just around the corner... then Christmas! OMG! that's only 134 days away! so start squeezing in more of the summer good times.

We had a 6 week stretch without rain and now we're having a nice cool break from the summer heat. It's good for the forests and clearing the smoggy air... enjoy it while you can! it's going to go back to scorching weather next week, yup, we're forecast for more hot days starting Sunday for at least a week. (brought to you by Izzy's weather network report!)

In between work, our family visits & visitors I have managed to squeeze in some scrapbooking. I spent the day with Diane on Saturday... had a great day at Crop Tropical! We had a short visit with Allison Orthner, the organizer & photographer extraordinaire from our cruise, Deanna H. one of the instructors on the cruise & new owner of Clipper Street... thanks for a great day Deanna! and four other ladies that were cruisers too! it was a fun day.... Diane and I had the best "crib" and really bright outfits for the day! the glasses have blinkie lights!!
I'm out this evening with my friend & colleague David, looking forward to catching up with him, we've not had a good "natter" since May.
Going to see The Road to Canterbury presented by It's A Zoo Theatre Productions with Ann.
I even get to scrapbook again on Sunday with the Scrapaholics

Loads to squeeze in this week..... ciao for now!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, you know exactly what i am trying to accomplish.

Looks like you have been having a great summer, glad the rain has eased off.

Thanks for reminding us about Christmas!!

ScrappeeDiane said...

Love the weather forecast, I'm looking forward to brighter days. I really don't like the grey ones. I had a blast with you on Saturday and i do think our "crib" was the best dressed. LOL

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun crop! Love the photo of Diane! Bring those glass to the crop on Sunday, I gotta get a photo of you wearing them. Would make a great LO for my Scrapaholics album!

laterg8r said...

love the costumes - did you guys win? looks like you had a blast :)