Sunday, October 11, 2009

Schloß Güstrow

Schloß (Schloss) = Castle
Güstrow = City name
Built between 1558 - 1566
Restoration work 1964 - 1972

The Schloss has been the cultural center of Güstrow, with the Schlossmuseum (painting, sculpture and applied art by 16th century German, Italian and Dutch masters; collection of antique vases), the Municipal and District Library, a concert hall and Renaissance gardens.

Photography was not allowed inside the Schlossmuseum, so here's the link if you're interested. It's in German but you can change it to English (look in the left sidebar). Schlossmuseum

Here are the photos I was able take outside (and this is where the really cool door handle was).

5 comments:

laterg8r said...

gorgeous pics izzy :D

Shell said...

like you, I so want those door handles...

I LUST THEM!!!

Wendy said...

What an amazing trip ou are having. I'm with Shell, well I really don't lust them! LOL but they are Very Cool.

Kathy said...

Beautiful photos Izzy! TFS, looks like an amazing trip! Really love that last photo!

Jo said...

oh my! looks so divine ... especially the walk with the overing of trees ... what i wouldnt give to be there!