Friday, July 30, 2010

Let's make Jam!

Our yeah baby! picking, washing, chopping & squishing, measuring, cooking, canning and oh so yummy!!!

While in Kelowna we did manage to get several pounds of rasberries from our SIL's brother.  He and his wife have a U-Pick Rasberry farm, so one evening we went out and picked rasberries until our baskets were full, we got about 10lbs.

I also got my paws on several pounds of apricots too from a local organic farm.  So.... what does one do with all that yummy fresh fruit?  

Izzy makes jam and also freezes some for later use in fruit smoothies.  I know, I was on vacation... but fresh fruit, direct from the source, there was no way I was going to miss a chance to spend a day making preserves and freezing fruit!
 

2 comments:

laterg8r said...

this all looks soooo tasty :D

Sue C said...

Mouth watering photos - yum!!!