Sunday, September 16, 2012

Birthday Fun!

Jo took me out for brunch on Saturday to celebrate my birthday....  3 weeks later I'm still celebrating with friends!

We had a gorgeous sunny day, Jo picked me up and we went up to Main Street, where we discovered there was a street festival happening.  Main Street was closed to traffic from W. Broadway up to West 12th, lots of music, entertainment, vendors and shops with deals.

Our first stop, Habit, for an amazing brunch!  Jo also gave me a stunning album for my birthday, thanks sweetie! I love it! (I'll take pics and post later)


 After brunch we leisurely strolled up and down Main Street to check out the event!  what fun! some really cool eclectic things and some fun modern handmade items too.




 One of our stops was the Temple of the Modern Girl Boutique - wow! some really old vintage clothes and stuff and some funky things hiding in all sorts of nooks and crannies.  We had to have the "Mad (Wo)Men" sunglasses.  Loved them!


We stumbled upon an artisan craft fair at the Heritage Hall - some really inspiring and amazing creations in there.  Everyone is gearing up for Christmas - flyers and hand bills are out for craft fairs coming up in November.

I stumbled upon a "treasure" at the Thrift store - a traditional blue and white Bavarian china tea set - Tea pot and 9 cups! stamped with the true manufacturers crest and the old "made in West Germany" stamp - you just don't see this anymore! I was giddy with excitement.

It was a perfect day!  Thanks again Jo for an amazing time and the wonderful gifts.



2 comments:

Jo said...

My pleasure ... it was a fab day!

Kathy said...

What a fun day it sounds like you two had!