Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Wonderful End to the VWMS 2012-2013 Season

Yesterday was the VWMS AGM, Year End concert and Luncheon.  

Our performer, Evgenia Rabinovich was the First Place Scholarship Winner in 2011. She played the most amazing programme, we were all standing on our feet at the end of it!

It was my last "official" event as President - I now move into the Past President role for the next two years.  The Executive Board bought me a lovely gift.... it's a tradition to give a gift to the outgoing President and I'm thrilled with mine! hmmmm wonder why? LOL

I was sorting out my VWMS files yesterday afternoon (aaah it feels good to clean things out!) and reminiscing about all the 'jobs' I have had with this organization.  I started out as the Social Chair, then moved to Membership Chair, then Vice President, then President. Time seems to be flying! I have been a member of the society for 8 years now and in that time I've seen and heard some amazing young musicians and made some wonderful friends.

I'm looking forward to the 2013-2014 VWMS Season and being able to take a small step back and work with Kemuel Wong.  Kemuel is currently the Assistant Conductor of the Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra, Artist-in-Residence at St. Patrick’s Regional Secondary School and Assistant Conductor of the Vancouver Bach Choir.  He's amazing! I know he will do a great job as President.


No comments: