Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Meeting New People

I had a great evening meeting some new 'fellow scrapbookers' last night. And this got me to thinking where do people meet? Most everyone I know I've met through work, friends of friends, family and scrapbooking.

Alot of people tend to shy away from expanding their boundaries and meeting new people on their own. How many times have you introduced yourself to a complete stranger?

There are alot of groups & clubs out there that you can join to meet & make new friends who share similar interests. I discovered MeetUp.com and found there to be hundreds of groups from German language groups, hiking/walking groups, crafts/hobbies, dog lovers, cat lovers, photography, you name it and it seems to be out there! I'm thinking about checking out the local Vancouver German Language group so I go out and practice my german language skills. You never know unless you try it! and I'm willing to give it a shot!

No comments: