Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Krazy! The Delirious World Of Anime + Comics + Video Games + Art is the first exhibition of its kind, at the Vancouver Art Gallery. It offers unique and dynamic insight into the world of comics,animated cartoons, anime, manga, graphic novels, computer/video games and visual art.
Outstanding examples of original sketches, notes, concept drawings, final production drawings, animation cells, three-dimensional models and published works, it's KRAZY! DH & I went again on Thursday night after work, we had gone when the exhibit first opened and were so overwhelmed & impressed! There's just so much to see that we had vowed to go again to review and finish seeing this amazing exhibit. It's a wonderful exhibit for all ages... if it comes to your local art gallery I highly recommend it!
On Friday I spent some time visiting in the late afternoon & evening with my BF Penny, my godson Nelson and Penny's mom, Jackie. Jackie has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The cancer is so advanced at this stage that pain management is all that can be done for her and it has been an extremely difficult time for my friend and her family. Jackie and I had a great visit out on her little patio and reminisced. I was very thankful to have the chance to visit with her and was surprised at how well she is coping. ((hugs)) love and prayers go out to them all.

Saturday morning I did chores and errands... Costco, laundry etc. and in the afternoon I finished off some Christmas cards.... yes I said Christmas Cards!! for a swap that I'm in with the Scrapaholics Club. Enjoyed a lovely dinner with Norbert in the evening.

Sunday, Norbert took me out to Bacchus at the Wedgewood Hotel for a champagne brunch to celebrate my birthday. It was scrumptious & the dessert was decedent! We had hoped to go out after brunch for a stroll around town but the weather was the pits on Sunday, non-stop rain!! So we decided to cuddle on the sofa and watch a DVD in the afternoon instead!

Last night I went to Sue's place for a Stampin' Up Fresh Cuts class. We had a blast! Poor Sue had her hands full with 5 of us laughing, giggling and generally causing chaos in her home! LOL
The Fresh Cuts are so fast and simple, I love the stamp set and the cards you can create are so cute and quick. We made 10 cards last night and I have 5 more cards to do on my own at home :) Thanks for the fun evening Sue!!

6 comments:

Shelley Moore said...

Izzy, those cards are totally cute!!!

Kathy said...

Love the cards Izzy!

Sounds like you and Norbert had a wonderful time on your birthday!

So sorry to hear about Penny's mom. Prayers to her and her family.
Hugs, Kathy

Jan said...

Love the cards!! So glad to hear you had a lovely birthday!!! : )

ScrappeeDiane said...

Love the cards. I wish Sue F lived closer to me.

Wendy said...

Hope you had a great Birthday, I am writing yours down now. Sorry I didn't have special wishes for ya!

Kelli said...

We also went to Krazy, we tied it in to our trip to the Anime Evolution Convention at UBC on the weekend. We did not like the exhibit at all. It was not that exciting for my 12 and 18 yr. old who are very interested in animation, anime and manga.