Monday, November 03, 2008

November is here!

Wow! time does fly by much quicker the older you get... when I was younger it seemed like 'forever away' for birthdays, holidays & Christmas. Now... I want time to slow down just a little... either that or give me a few more hours in a day to accomplish everything on my list. The extra hour yesterday was nice.

With the arrival of November it's just a few short weeks away until the holiday season is upon us. I'm happy to report that I managed to get all the parcels, wrapped, packed and shipped to Germany in plenty of time. I have a few projects to work on now for 'special some one's' here at home.

I'm kicking off this month with the BC Creative Expo and am looking forward to meeting up with my friends to enjoy the expo!

Mom & dad are coming to Vancouver for a visit on the 9th of this month for a few days. We'll get a good chance to catch up with them and hear all about their vacation!

Circle Craft starts on the 11th of November, a little later than usual, but an annual holiday craft fair that I love to go to with my friend Ann. It always starts to feel like the holiday season once I've been to the craft show.

The Scrapaholics Club is meeting on the 16th of the month at Jo's place and I'm excited because several things will be going on at this crop. First, it's our 'kick off' as a group to raise funds for next years' BC Scrapbooking Crop for Kids. We have had a whole host of wonderful ideas for fundraising for this great cause as a group so that we can present our donation to the organizers next year. Jo is also going to be doing a demo/make n' take for us... I like to call it "The Art of Transference".

This month is the Timberline Ranch Retreat! Woo Hoo! Diane, at Get Creative Scrapbooking, is working hard organizing that last minute details and taking our "massage" requests for the weekend.

We are in our final week of the SYTYCS challenge. Everyone has done an amazing job and had a lot of fun with this over the past eight weeks. it has me thinking.... hmmm do you think the girls would go for a "12 Days of Christmas" Challenge! LOL

I've got a couple of swaps to finish off this month, birthday celebrations, scrapbooking, stamping club, DT work and general socializing. Oh and a couple of music concerts too!

Speaking of music, I took Norbert on a date night last Wednesday. I met him at work and we went out to dinner before going to an amazing concert at the Orpheum. Not your typical concert mind you... picture this in your mind... a symphony orchestra, 3,000 computer gamers, a big screen, and video games! I took Norbert to see Video Games Live! a multi media concert that featured the best music and synchronized video clips from the most popular games since the beginning of gaming. The whole event started out with "pong" and moved through gaming history. It was very cool!

I'll leave you with some photos... first here is my November 1st design for the Scrap Addicts


Here is my Urban Grunge layout for SYTYCS


and a few photos from my Halloween adventure at Kathy's place on Friday night! We had a really great evening.


5 comments:

Jan said...

What super photos!!! And, there you go... "busy Izzy" again in November. : )

I wanted to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the minstrels!!!!!!!!! They were yummy!!!!! You're the best!!

Kathy said...

Great photos Izzy! I need to scrap these! Thanks for coming to visit, It was great having you here.

Creative Expo is going to be great! Glad you'll be there too!

Shelley Moore said...

Iz, you make my head spin with all the stuff you do! I can't even imagine trying to keep up with that ... I'd NEVER be able to do it as gracefully as you! You ROCK!!!

Jo said...

sounds like you are still having a whole lot of fun!!! thats good!!!

Anonymous said...

Think I need a nap..um..sorry...YOU need a nap...LOL